Al Hilal Publishing & Marketing GroupPO Box 1100,
Kingdom of Bahrain
Click here for Contact Details
Classic American Breakfast
Vary the toppings – serve for brunch with crispy bacon, or as a summer breakfast with fresh raspberries and a sprinkling of icing sugar.
255gm/9oz plain flour
Two tsp baking powder
One tsp salt
Two tbsp caster sugar
250ml/9fl oz milk
Two medium eggs, lightly beaten
Six tbsp cottage cheese
55gm/2oz unsalted butter, melted
1. Beat the eggs into the milk and add the melted butter.
2. Sift the flour with
the baking powder, salt
3. Make a well in the centre of the flour and pour in the milk.
4. Using a wooden spoon beat the mixture quickly to make a batter.
5. Stir in the cottage cheese.
6. Heat a heavy based frying pan. Grease with butter and pour in the batter to make rounds approximately 8cm/3¾ inch diametre.
7. Cook until bubbles start to appear on the surface, this will take approximately one minute. Flip the pancake over and cook the other side.
8. Continue until you have used up all the batter.
9. Heat the maple syrup in a small pan and add the chopped pecans.
10. Serve the pancakes and pour over the maple syrup.