Fin Tech Focus

Educated investment deal with actress

February 19 - 25 , 2020
1056 views


Gulf Weekly Naman Arora
By Naman Arora




Gulf Weekly Educated investment deal with actress

Bahrain-based social network for investors, SprinkleBit has signed a collaboration agreement with model, actress and television personality Victoria Silvstedt, in a bid to leverage her social media following to promote educated investing.

Starting strong with a portfolio return of over nine per cent in her first month, Victoria will share her thoughts around investing on SprinkleBit with more than 700,000 Instagram followers.

Sebastian Zilliacus, Chief operating officer of SprinkleBit’s parent company, Sprinkle, said: “Victoria is the perfect story of a selfmade woman who started as a model and became a sharp business person. This along with her burning interest for the markets aligns brilliantly with SprinkleBit’s vision of bringing awareness to investing and empowering as many people as possible to start planning for their financial future. Less than 10 per cent of the world’s population manage their own money; we are inviting the remaining 90 per cent to join the journey towards financial freedom.

“Regarding experience, there are already thousands of knowledgeable investors on SprinkleBit which can be easily found thanks to our ranking system called VPI. It ranks users based on their performance along with their consistency of outperforming the market.”

The Value Prediction Index (VPI) is an algorithm developed by Sprinkle to help investors reliably rank their fellow investors and expected stock movements on the market.

It is comprised of two aspects – how good a user is at predicting the future value of a stock (based on previous returns) and how convinced the community is that the stock will gain in price.

SprinkleBit is trying to create a social media built on the back of the high-speed information signalling that can happen in connected networks of like-minded individuals.

Victoria said: “I’m excited to collaborate with SprinkleBit as we share the same ambition to be the best in our fields. My busy schedule doesn’t allow me to sit long hours every day to plan for the future however, through SprinkleBit, I can share my investment strategy, following other investors, get the latest bite-sized market information.”







More on Fin Tech Focus