Al Hilal Publishing & Marketing GroupPO Box 1100,
Kingdom of Bahrain
Click here for Contact Details
Maria has shared with GulfWeekly readers one of her sweet cakes which she says is like a drop of sunshine on any cake stand. She added: “It has a light flavour of lemon with Greek yogurt and is a refreshing sweet devour of goodness.”
• Greek yogurt (170g tub)
• 1 lemon
• 2 eggs
• A half teaspoon of baking powder
•A half teaspoon of baking soda
1. Scoop the Greek yogurt into a bowl. Keep the empty tub, wash and dry it to use for measurements.
2. Beat in two eggs until incorporated and mix in sugar (use ¾ sugar measured in the yogurt tub).
3. Add flour (equalling a full yogurt tub). Mix in oil (equal to half of the tub). Mix in a half teaspoon of baking powder and baking soda, a pinch of salt, lemon zest and a tablespoon of lemon juice.
4. Pour the batter into a greased pan and bake for 30 minutes (Check by piercing toothpick holes inside after it’s halfway done)
“And voila!” said Maria. “The best thing is you don’t have a pile of dishes to wash after you’re done baking. Just serve, eat and enjoy!”